Footbaaaaalllllll! Ha, just kidding. I know nothing about football.
Like, nothing. Aside from touchdown, fumble, quarterback, and a few other obvious components, you can call me clueless.
However, this makes me unique. Why? Because my lack of knowledge about football is no indicator of my knowledge about the perfect SuperBowl snack.
And, let me be honest right from the start, the perfect SuperBowl snack is NOT a cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno popper (whatever that is), or crock-pot mini weenies (which were probably my favorite things back when I was a chubby little child), or cheesy nachos (cheese just shouldn’t drip, people).
Stay with me. The perfect SuperBowl snack is…
THAT. It’s raw, it’s vegan, it’s high in protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and fiber, and more importantly, it’s creamy, chocolate-y, dough-y, and tastes really naughty but I swear it’s totally not. Not naughty.
Have fun today, enjoy the game, and eat real food.
And these. Eat these. People will love you.
Makes 16 truffles
1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and skinned
½ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup agave
¼ cup almond milk
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips, separated
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Process the first four ingredients plus the cinnamon in a food processor until smooth.
2. Stir in half the chocolate chips. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
3. Roll the dough into golf-ball size portions and refrigerate again.
4. In the meantime, melt the other half of the chocolate chips in a saucepan, careful not to burn. Cover each dough ball in chocolate and refrigerate until the outside has hardened.
5. Then, finally, eat them all.