This is the kind of thing that happens when I'm brain-dead after working on an insane amount of chemistry and feeling overwhelmingly frustrated and just done.
Correction: I workout, and then I bake. And then I have a photoshoot and I eat. And I enjoy the peace. Or piece...
Warning: these are really healthy. As in, they have no oil, little processed sugar, and whole-grain flour and oats, so the flavor and texture will reflect that, but you just gotta' embrace the health. Embrace it.
Makes 1 small loaf
1 cup Right Foods Hemp Peach Superfood Hot Cereal (including sugar packet)
1/2 cup whole grain flour (I used brown rice)
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup plant milk (I used almond)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp. flax seed meal + 2-3 tbsp. water)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
Optional: cinnamon and coconut sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking dish with oil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the banana, almond butter, plant milk and flax egg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and slowly stir in the banana, almond butter, plant milk, flax egg, and maple syrup.
- Carefully pour the batter into baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar, and bake for 15 mins, or until a fork poked in the center comes out almost clean.
- Cut into squares, serve immediately, or refrigerate for later. Simply heat up before serving.
Have you tried them yet?! Leave any comments or questions down below, tag me and #hungryhaley on Instagram, and let me know what you think :)