I can't believe it's already almost May. Can you? Gosh dang it, time flies too fast.
Anywho, happy Wednesday! Or should I say, happy What I Ate Wednesday ;) let's jump in, shall we?
5 (ish) bananas + 1 tbsp. chia seeds + 2 cups coffee with ~1 cup almond milk
- I know, I know, it may seem like I have this a lot, but I LOVE it! And I really don't have it more than twice a week. On Mondays and Wednesdays, classes start at 7:40 AM so I always bring my breakfast with me and lately I've been too lazy to make oatmeal (heck, even making my own coffee is an accomplishment) and really not very hungry for such a complex meal so early in the morning. This banana + chia seed combo fills me up for the most part, until around 11:30, which is perfect because that's when my classes are finished for the day and I can head home to make a big lunch.
- Side note: I'm actually a big fan of the strange/disgusted looks people give me when they see what I'm eating. Yes, I understand it may look like I'm eating bananas covered in ants, but hey, mama always said, "Don't knock it 'til you try it!"
Big salad of red romaine lettuce + spinach + 1/2 avo + 1 tomato + 1/2 cucumber + 1/2 cup garbanzo beans + tahini dressing & balsamic vinegar + a slice of Trader Joe's multigrain sourdough bread (not pictured)
- This salad hits every. single. spot. All of 'em - the crunchy and crispy, the sweet and salty, the tangy and juicy :) It doesn't take long to prepare and I scarf it down pretty quickly, too!
3 small red potatoes, roasted like "fries"
- Honestly, I forget that I don't really care for white potatoes until I start eating them. I see them in the grocer store and my mouth waters when I think of crispy, fried breakfast potatoes in a burrito or something like that, but I'm never motivated enough to make such creative use of them. I end up roasting them plain and wishing I made some sweet potatoes instead. Lesson = officially learned.
2 big Medjool dates
- Do I even need to go into detail? I had just finished working on Chem homework and reviewing my midterm from last week, so you can imagine I was a teeny tiny bit frustrated and craved some sugar to lift my spirits. Dates are one of my favorite pre-workout (or anytime) snacks, and they satisfy my sweet tooth like no other candy bar or scoop of ice cream can.
So I completely forgot take a picture of this. I spooned the last bite into my mouth, looked down at the empty bowl, and thought, Dang it. Sorry! It really wasn't picture-worthy, anyway.
~1 cup cooked brown rice + 1/3 cup High Carb Hannah's nacho cheese recipe + 1-2 baby zucchinis, steamed + steamed kale & spinach + another not-pictured slice of Trader Joe's multi-grain sourdough bread
- Oh yeah, this was good. It was rich, "cheesy", creamy, and oh-so-flavorful. It was filling, fast, and... and... ffffffreaking good? I don't know, I tried. Seriously, always try to keep a batch of cooked rice in your fridge or freezer because it makes quick lunches and dinners so much easier!
SQUAREBAR :) Heaven.
- I was pretty full from dinner, but the Chocolate Coated Cherry flavor was practically begging me to eat it, and I just had to listen. Good thing squarebars are perfectly perfect - not too big, not too small, not too chocolatey, but juuuuuuuust right :)
Now I'm gonna' chug some water because I'm extremely thirsty and then curl up into bed - well, after I finish some homework, that is.