Well hello there! Whoops - it's been a week since my last post here. Sorry! I try to post WIAT's two or three times a week, but this week was extremely busy aaaaaand I've been realizing how similar my meals are. Boring? Kind of. Easy, convenient, inexpensive, college-friendly? Duh. Always!
Anyway, here's what I ate today:
Mixed berry smoothie - 2 chilled bananas (chilled only because I don't want them to ripen too quickly) + 1 cup frozen berries + 1 scoop Nuzest Smooth Vanilla protein powder + water to blend
I figured I throw a selfie in here because, well, why not?
- I haven't made a smoothie in a realllllllly long time - mostly because I'm always cold in the morning and something warm like oatmeal or toast sounds more comforting. Today, however, I couldn't ignore the post-workout-smoothie-craving.
- Last night, I dug a pretty sizable hole into some Ben & Jerry's and didn't feel as okay about it as I usually do. Maybe because I wasn't even hungry? Maybe because it was late at night? I don't know exactly why, but I do know that I want to get back on track and stop snacking on/indulging in sweets "just because".
- Sooooooo this smoothie was perfect this morning - simple, light, filling, but still satisfactory for my powerful little sweet tooth :)
GoMacro protein pleasure bar
Snack plate - 2 tbsp. Trader Joe's eggplant hummus + cucumber (~1/2 large cucumber) + yellow peach + Brian's Bread Sourdough Roll (local bread company!)
- I hung out by the pool today and was feelin' snacky (mostly because I was too lazy to go upstairs and put together a meal) so lunch was basically two substantial snacks :) sometimes those are my favorite! Who doesn't love a little bit of everything? Some salty, some sweet, some crunchy and some... I don't know.. soft? Whatever. Yay for snacks!
1 Cherry Pomegranate + Red Tea BrewLA bar
- Wait - you mean I got to lay out by the pool (while studying, of course) with my friends and then suck on a perfectly sweet/tart popsicle like a giddy, carefree little kid?! YES PLEASE. These bars are made with brewed tea, little to no added sugar, and real fruit! Check them out here.
Best big salad EVER - mixed greens + lentils + roasted beets + cherry tomatoes + shredded carrots + avocado + tahini, balsamic & nooch along with the last few of my BBQ Cauliflower Tots (I ate more than just what's pictured during my pre-dinner snack)
Roasted sweet potato wedges with sea salt + cinnamon
- I was so focused jamming out on this post that I may have forgotten about these guys just roasting away in the oven, so they're a little more crispy than what I normally prefer. BUUUUUUUT still delicious :)
2 juicy medjool dates
As usual, I forgot to take a picture before I devoured these, so here's a picture I found of two dates (yes, I just have them floating around on my computer) from a while back.
- Dinner was filling, but my sweet tooth still needed a little somethin' somethin', you know? I've found two dates to be the perfect late-night snack!
And that's it for today! Any questions? Comments? Suggestions? Leave them below or send me an email :)