I waved my teenage years goodbye with pllllllllenty of yummy eats :)
Blueberry banana pancakes - 1 ripe banana + blueberries + oat flour + oats + protein powder + Crazy Richard's Almond Butter (recipe to come later today) with about 1 cup of Juice From the Raw Cashew Milk in coffee
- Pancakes are surprisingly more satisfying as a birthday breakfast. Maybe that's why they're called panCAKES? Get it? You eat cake on your birthday, so why not start your day with some... makes sense to me.
- I almost always add protein powder to my pancakes because I'm just that hungry and traditional pancakes don't fill me up much.
Date pieces rolled in oat flour (from Sprout's or Whole Foods)
- I snacked on these around 12:30 PM because I was still deciding on what exactly I wanted to do for a workout and needed a little somethin' somethin' to pick me up. Seriously - these things are like crack! I find them more substantial than just plain dates because the oat flour provides some umph' in the form of protein and fiber.
Quick smoothie - ~1 frozen banana + LiveNomva carrot pack + fresh kale + Nuzest Smooth Vanilla protein powder
- I forgot to snap a picture with my phone before I sucked this down so here's one from my fancy camera.
- This smoothie could not have been more perfect - I wasn't too hungry after my workout (the date pieces held me over) but needed to refuel somehow. I also didn't want to eat a ton because I was going to dinner with my friend, so a light, rehydrating smoothie like this just enough!
Vegan chocolate cake from Whole Foods
- Do I even need to explain? Okay maybe I should explain why this came before dinner... only because we were hungry and waiting for our pizza to be ready. Plus, it's my birthday and I can have dessert and cake and chocolate whenever I want, right?
- I'd be lying if I said that I ate only half of this, as was planned and agreed upon between my friend and I. She fills up much faster than I do and probably has a less powerful sweet tooth. I made her close the container and force me to save the rest of it for her, otherwise I would've plowed right through it.
- Our efforts failed, however, because I ended up finishing what was left in the car on the way home. Hahahahaha just laugh at it. Don't worry about the calories. Calories are silly.
Half-and-half pizza from Whole Foods - half vegan (for me) and half cheese and pepperoni (for her)
- The picture doesn't do justice to the size of each slice, which was easily bigger than my abnormally large head. Each of our halves split into four pieces and I ate three of the four.
- Any regrets? Not a single one. This pizza was SO yummy and definitely hit the spot. It wasn't too oily, but I would've preferred a thicker crust. Now that I think about it, though, a thicker crust probably would've prevented me from eating as many slices as I did...
- Verdict - Whole Foods makes goooooooooood pizza! They should, however, be a little more careful about their cheese sprinkling on half-vegan pizzas. Two of my slices had some cheese on them. Oh well - I just ate around those bites.
Yay for birthdays and birthday food and friends and beaches and ginormous (somewhat healthy) pizzas! Sometimes I really do surprise myself with the amount of food I can put down. I keep my own life exciting in that way ;)
Thank you, everyone, for the sweet birthday wishes!