A little background as to what today looked like: CRAZY. My day began at 5 AM, when I rolled out of bed, and didn't end until I climbed back in after midnight. I worked from 6 AM - 2 PM at the cafe, and then 5 PM - 12 AM. Challenging? Yes. Possible? Yes, but not recommended. Be prepared for salad before 10 AM, chocolate chips, an abnormally early dinner, and much more!
Breakfast-ish (around 6:30 AM)
- I wasn't too hungry, but a banana (or two tiny ones, in this case) and some peanut butter sounded like a good early-morning snack before work became too crazy and busy.
Coffee - ~8 oz. coffee + a splash of soy milk + 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup + cinnamon
Salad - 1 cup mixed greens + 1 cup spinach + 1 zucchini, shaved into "noodles" + 1 block Trader Joe's Sriracha Tofu + cherry tomatoes + homemade dressing (1 tbsp. Trader Joe's Tahini Sauce + lemon juice + water + hot sauce)
- I told you to be prepared for salad at 10 AM - are you? Well, here it is! This was actually surprisingly satisfying. Usually, I pack a sandwich of peanut butter with some sort of fruit in it for breakfast, but I felt like switching things up today!
Fruit - sliced melon (watermelon + cantaloupe + honeydew), maybe 2 cups?
Chocolate chips - dairy-free, of course
- I snacked on both of these before my shift ended, at around 1:30 PM. I packed the fruit last night, but the chocolate was a spur-of-the-moment treat :) thankfully, the cafe has loads of vegan dark chocolate chips for their vegan baked goods, so I just grabbed a (pretty big) handful of those.
Dinner-ish (around 4:45 PM)
Soba noodle bowl - ~1 cup buckwheat soba noodles, cold and cooked the night before + mixed greens + steamed broccoli + 1 teeny tiny avocado + ~1/2 cup lentils (not pictured because I ate them while I was prepping this bowl lol) + a drizzle of sweet chili sauce
- I wasn't hungry enough for a big dinner, since it wasn't even 5 PM yet, but I also didn't want to have to pack something for later on at work. So, I threw this bowl together in a total of about 5 minutes - while the broccoli steamed in the microwave, I tossed the greens, noodles, and avo together with the dressing, then added the broccoli once it finished cooking.
Snack (around 8 PM)
High-protein yogurt - ~2/3 cup Nancy's Cultured Soy Yogurt + 1 scoop Ka'Chava Tribe Chocolate Protein Powder + 1 rice cake, crushed up (like granola?)
- I brought this to work because I figured I'd be hungry later at night after my early dinner. Aaaaaand my yogurt was about to go bad aaaaaaand the donut shop doesn't make vegan donuts on Monday, so yeah. Chocolate yogurt it is! My laziness depicted by not even transferring what's left of the yogurt into a tupperware container lol that's life, right?
That's it for today! Again, this is not reflective of my normal eating habits, but it does go to show how busy the day was AND that it's possible to eat vegan and healthy and quick and easy and all that good stuff no matter what. I didn't keep track of my calories today because I just couldn't find the time to log everything I ate, but I'm pretty sure I ate a significant amount of all macronutrients, though who knows about my calories. Anyway, if you have any questions, leave them below or send them over in an email - I'd love to hear from you!