A few quick thangs about this recipe:
1) I'm used to my mom's strawberry jam, which is muuuuch sweeter than this one (naturally because of the strawberries vs. blueberries), so I would say this one isn't too sweet. Sweeten it more if you like, or less.
2) This one is also muuuuuch thicker than what I'm used to, which is because of the use of chia seeds and honey. Benefit: it's perfect for sandwiches because it won't drip out the sides!
3) Do NOT add all the ingredients to the pot at once. I did that the first time I made this because I felt confident enough (though I've never done jam on my own) to go without reading the recipe I adapted, and I struggled to the MAX to smash the blueberries - they didn't have time to thaw and soften before the chia seeds and honey came in to bind everything together. Learn. From. My. Mistake.
Aaaaaand that is all, my friends! Enjoy the jam! Need something to do with this stuff? Check out these bars!
Makes about 1.5 cups
2 cups blueberries, frozen
4 T honey
3 T chia seeds
1 T lemon juice
- Add the blueberries to a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until thawed and softened.
- Next, slowly pour in the honey and chia seeds and continue to mix until a thick, even consistency is reached. Add the lemon juice, stir for 1-2 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly before transferring to a jar. Store in the fridge for 1-2 months.